Friday, October 31, 2008

So it begins - My first trade

Wow - am I really this bored?

For a while now I've been reading many baseball card blogs and its really inspired my to start up my own collection, as well as fill on the leftovers from my initial run before puberty and alcohol. I am a Mets fan and love trying to obtain signatures on my cards through the mail.

My goal is to post my successes here as well as review favorites from my collections, pack breaks when I get a few extra bucks, and just comment on my life in general.

Some stats -

27 years old
Married to a wonderful woman named Sarah
Looking forward to one day sharing this hobby with some little rugrats of my own.

I may post about other subjects, whether it be things I've seen/done... hopefully a few of you out there will be able to spend a few minutes here and share a few laughs with me.

In the meantime - I figure I would post my first trade offerings here going to Cliff @ Capewood's Collections.

First to help out his 87 Topps Set

#144 Mike Scioscia
#320 Barry Bonds
#555 Dennis Rasmussen

And some little bonuses since our man is a Phillies fan (Poor guy I know, but I guess as a Mets fan I really cannot talk any crap for quite a while so I'd better just keep my mouth shut)

From the 1993 B.A.T. set from Upper Deck

#45 Del Ennis

From 2008 upper Deck Series 2
#608 Brad Lidge
#610 Pat Burrell

2007 Upper Deck Artifacts

#58 Chase Utley

2007 Topps Updates and Highlights

#279 Utley & Ichiro Classic Combo

Hope he enjoys these cards and I am always willing to work out a trade, so let me know what you need and I will do my best to accomodate!

3 comments:

capewood said...

Looking forward to the cards. I guess I'll have to pull out some Mets cards.

So you're a Mets fan. I know what we've been saying in Philadelphia for years - wait until next year.

steveisjewish said...

I tell you what, neither of our teams have a history of making it easy for us, so i have to say only congrats - I may not like the team, but you've earned this.

James B. Anama said...

Welcome to the Hobby Blogosphere!!! You have now been added to the Sports Card Blogroll.

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama
bdj610