Tuesday, February 17, 2009

2009 upper Deck Series 1 box 2

All right, so here goes box 2 -

for other peoples favorites - I know that Chris @ Stale Gum is a big fan of Chase "fuckin" utley, a know a certain lady with a "problem" who likes her Pujols (get your minds out of the gutter!), and Dave is a big fan of Mr. Longoria.


Next up are a few of my favorites from box 2 - I love the new Hebrew Hammer Ryan Braun, I have a bit of a man crush on Soto thanks to being on all of my fantasy teams last year, We have Wright, Beltran, Santana -whats not to love? And the rest of the homegrown B Mets to make the big club next year Dan "The Irish Hammer" Murphy who means business and John Niese who has sweaty palms!

A few more inserts - Reyes for me, CC For thorzul, Chipper for Days, Manny #'d to 99. also, I did not bring up how much I do not like the history subsets -I don't care about what happened, I don't care about some suits bullshit predictions (I know they don't really believe them, but this is a waste of my time). also, I don't feel good having a bunch of cards now of high school kids... just weird to me.
Finally we have the hits
Elijah Dukes "Inkredible" - trade bait
Aramis Ramirez 2 swatch 144/149 - trade bait - I am an Aramis Magnet on these GU cards
Phil Hughes Quad swatch (w/ 3 stripes) #'d 10/15 - This one I like - a normal one I'd trade right away, but 4 swatches, only 15 made of an over hyped Yankee? if he ever gets his shit together I might be able to turn this into something I really want... so this one goes aside for the time being.






2 comments:

Sooz said...

I always love a Yankee card with a pinstripe in it. Cool Hughes card.

As far as her problem ... her minds hits the gutter sometimes with it. It's ok.

MarieBay said...

LOL, she beat me to my own comment. The Hughes card is freakin awesome, and as far as my mind being in the gutter, I concur. I do indeed love me some Albert though.