Monday, November 17, 2008

2008 Topps Series 2 Blaster Part 1

This weekend while at Target buying some candles and tooth paste on a Friday night (try to tell me I dont know how to party) I got the nod from the wife when walking past the card section and of all the sets I am trying to build, this was the only blaster available, so it was.

Now, since I am sure we have all seen enough of these cards and really, none of them are all that great looking since Topps is to photography as I am to succesful dieting, there shan't (I know its not a word) but I will apply an arbitrary grading system to the cards as we go, thus making a poorly organized on the fly pack battle!

I guess I should make up some kind of score card... here we go

Rookie - 5 Points
Met - 5 Points
All-Star - 2 points (each appearance)
Guy on my fantasy team - 5 points
Insert - 5 points
anything with a president - minus 5 points
Manager - minus 3 points
dispshit no one should really care about - 0 points
Checklist - minus 10

Pack 1

Conor Jackson - 5 points (roto league)
Michael Cuddyer - 0 points
Fausto Carmona - 0 points
John Russel - -3 points
James Loney All-Star Rookie - 5pts insert, 5pts roto league = 10 points
Campaign 76 - who cares - -3 points
Kason Gabbard - 0 points
Al Reyes - 0 points

pack total = 9 points

Pack 2

Franklin gutierrez - 0
Tom Gorzelanny - 0
Brendan Ryan Gold 1581/2008 - 5
Greg Dobbs - 0
Randy Wells RC - 5
Tony Pena - 0
Franciso Cordero - 4 (2x AS)
Ronnie belliard - 2 (1x AS)

Pack Total - 16 points

Pack 3

Bruce Bochy - -3 points
Ty Wiggington - 0
Prince Fielder - 2pts
Denard Span RC - 5 points
Joakim Soria - 2
Jo-Jo Reyes - 0
Aj Burnett - 0
John Smoltz - 16 pts
Checklist - min 10

Pack total - 10 points

Stay Tuned for part II tomorrow!

No comments: