Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Tales From the 10 Cent Bin - Rockers

Now I have no idea what set these are from - well I guess I do - it seems now that I look that they are a part of 2008 Football Heroes - that would make these the first "football" cards I have bought since I had pubes - sweet I guess.

Anyway - I'm not really a fan of any of the bands these dudes play for, but I just thought they were too cool to not get for a dime a piece - I will post the write up for each dude below.

Toni Iommi - Black Sabbath

Widely regarded as the creator of the heavy metal genre. Toni Iommi co-founded Black Sabbath in 1969 along with schoolmates Terry "Geezer" Butler, Bill Ward, and Ozzy Osbourne. Iommi's gloomy, thunderous, guitar riffs combined with Osbourne's haunting vocals drove the quartet to international superstardom and paved the way for countless hard-rock acts to follow.

Steve Vai -

Like jimi Hendrix and Eddie Van Halen before him, Vai is not only one of rock guitar's all-time great virtuosos, but one of the genre's most influential innovators. His Unique signature style fuses jazz, classical, and rock influences into an incendiary mix that has inspired countless guitarists and made him one of the most celebrated musicians of all time.

Justin Hayward - Moody blues

As the voice, lead guitarist, and primary songwriter behind classic rock's legendary The Moody blues, Hayward led the British supergroup to stardom in the 1960s, 1970s, and 1980s with a string of hit singles. Hayward's multi-textural compositions on such classics as Tuesday Afternoon, Your Wildest Dreams, and the bands signature classic Nights in White Satin helped the Mood Blues sell over 60 million albums worldwide.

Tom Morello - Rage Against the Machine

Morrelo's unique style and radical politics have made him of the most original and innovative guitarists in rock. In Rage Against the Machine, he fused hard rock and hip hop, and in Audioslave he continued pushing the boundaries of the guitar. Morello currently performs firebrand folk music as "The nighwatchman".

These were pretty cool - I might need to grab the whole set.

1 comment:

zman40 said...

Nice. I used to have a Vai signed 8x10, but I have no idea where that is anymore. I might have even got rid of it.