Monday, September 28, 2009

Goodwins Hobby 3 out of 4

So this was my favorite pack of the 4 that I got - I really do like the legends cards that are put in.

Here we have Carlton Fisk and Nick Markakis -

The original "Pudge" I remember that he was one of my favorite players as a kid when I was partial to the White Sox as my AL team. I also remember just waiting for Ron Karkovice to carry on the legacy - I guess we can't win them all. I really like seeing Fisk in Red Sox gear as due to my age, I really do remember him as a White Sock.

Nick Markakis - I've got a feeling that this guy has a Mattingley-esque career in front of him - where he will always be good, occasionally great, but never really be the guy and never hit those HOF numbers - hopefully I am wrong, because I do enjoy watching him play - I just dont see that next level from him.


Next up we have Curtis Granderson and Ryne Sandberg -

Now Ryno has a world class moustache here - Thats really the most noticeable aspect of this card - I hope i get a double at some point to send this out for an auto - I know its a darker card so probably won't come out great if at all - but I still want what I want.
Curtis is a nice player - not the savior of a franchise though.


Peggy Flemming - I'd much prefer this to be Peggy Bundy




For the record - she is great in Sons of Anarchy and still looking pretty hot.

1 comment:

zman40 said...

I cannot recall Ryne with a 'stache. It looks great, though!