Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Mail Day - Christmas from Thoughts and Sox

Welcome back everyone - hope you had a great holiday - While I did not receive any cards from family - I did get some from some wonderful bloggers out there, and this first package comes from our buddy Adam over @ Thoughts and Sox.

Well, this was received a few days before the holiday, but I have been busy (as have most of us)
and am just getting around to putting the post together now. Adam included a handful of 2008 Topps Series 2 cards for me, helping to knock down my want list - still need about 20 or - so please if you have a stack of doubles - I have holes in my pages.



Here you see 2 of the cards, Brad Hawpe and Frank Catalanotto - 2 good players - not great - but both are guys who could certainly help your team - I fear that hawpe would regress to play like Catalanotto if he were not playing half his games in Coors Field.



Next up is a surprise that I was not expecting - but am totally in love with. This is a 2005 Fleer National Pastime card of Mike Piazza - The back reads "You have just received a Game-Worn jersey card. This card contains an authentic piece of a jersey worn by mike Piazza of the New York Mets". wow - that sounds a lot more official than a lot of the verbiage on the back of many of the Game Used cards we come across!






So thank you very much Adam - it is greatly appreciated - My Piazza collection is getting better and better each week it seems!

No comments: