Saturday, June 6, 2009

Card Show Goodies

A few weeks ago I went to the card show with one goal - 2009 Heritage. I ended up doing very well, in fact, I only bought one card that was not Heritage which I will scan at a later date. At this point, I think it would be prudent to let you all know I am about 40 cards away (including inserts/sps) from finishing this set that I never planned on collecting in the first place. First up we have a bunch of base cards that I needed - Longoria and Beltran being the obvious highlights.I was able to grab a few inserts as well - I got the last News Flashback card - which is good, because I hate those. Also grabbed the Papi Mayo and few sharp new Age Performers.When going through the SPs I picked up I realized it must suck to be a Twins collector because there were 4 of them out of the 20 or so that I bought -Punto, Slowey, Perkins, GomezThere were also a few "stars" in the other base sps I picked up - Tulo, Posada, Dye - nice group of playersI love these creepy floating head coach cards - I was really happy to get the Mets one - I would still like to grab another one to get signed.Finally we have some of the All Star SPs - funny how out these 5 Chipper is the only one who seems like a legitimate star anymore - Sheets is always hurt, Manny is Manny, Soto and Kosuke are terribly inconsistent... so good for ChipperHopefully soon this set will be all done with and I can move on to something else because it surely is a chore to finish up. If anyone has anything off the want list, I greatly appreciate it!

1 comment:

Slette said...

Mauer and Morneau are both also SPs, and there's an additional Mauer All Star SP to boot. I got both Mauers and the Morneau for my set, but I gotta find doubles now for my player collections.