Sunday, February 28, 2010

2010 Upper Deck Box Break Pack 1

Here we go - I have not seen many other bloggers go on record with this, but I will again - HAIL UPPER DECK! While in the scans something is lost when looking at the cards in bunches (Hey, you expect me to pay to put up more photos? who am I Night owl?) Card for card this Upper Deck set blows Topps out of the water. I don't care if there are or aren't logos - honestly, if I had not known there was an issue with logos, I never would have once thought of it in this set - so who cares really? I have said it before since I started this blog - I love a crisp full bleed photo, I love the sun shining on the players. On a day like today (tons of snow sitting outside, just waiting for spring training games to start) If I need a touch of summer I will always reach for one of my recent Upper Deck sets first.

Stephen Drew
Nick Green
Joe Thatcher
Augie Ojeda


Esmil Rogers - RC
Francisco Cordero (I cannot justify why I love camo jerseys in MLB)
Franklin Morales
Josh Outman (what a fantastic name for a pitcher - like Ted Power)
Aramis Ramirez
Nelson Cruz
Asdrubal Cabrera
Ian Stewart
Dan Wheeler


Joe Nathan
Torii Hunter


Citi Field
Boston Checklist

I will go on record as not being a fan of these ballpark cards. Checklist cards aren't kicking my ass either, but at least they don't look just like the base cards this year.

Torri Hunter
Mark Teixiera

Hated biography as a set idea - as a subset, I think its fine, just fine. Sure, its a large set @ 200 cards - but I bet its a pretty neat walk through of last season if you complete it.

Finally we have the Chien Ming Wang All World card. I love that UD went with die cuts for their inserts this year - Something different that really hasn't been done too much in recent history besides Timelines.


There we go, first pack done. Not the best pack, but it is a pretty good box, I was very happy with the hits that I received and you will be seeing them all shortly!

No comments: