Thursday, March 19, 2009

Group Break from the Cheap Seats

So I got myself involved the Dan over at Saints of the Cheap Seats recent group break and this is what I came away with. 2007 ultimate Collection Jose Reyes game used card #'d 18/75. This really is a sweet card - As a Mets fan and B Mets guy - he is another player I will always root for. I will also tell you this story (albeit secondhand).

So here is the deal - This story was told to me and I cannot verify its truthfulness....however, I want to believe its true. So here goes. A buddy of mine's cousin was at one time a Mets farm hand for 1 season back in the early 2000's. I do not recall his name - but one time a bunch of the minor league guys got invited to a party some of the big leaguer's were having, this guy was one of them. They show up to the party with a bunch of guys standing around a pool table. They approach the table and Jose is filling out some girl like an application doggy style on the table with the toothiest grin you've ever seen. Sweet. Thats it. I just get a kick out of thinking about that smile we all see when hes goofing around in the dugout when hes also laying pipe.



while taking Jose out of his bubble mailer - I found something I was afraid I lost in the move - the other 2 cards that Jeff the card junkie sent me! Here are the 2 cards, a Legends of the Game Rogers Hornsby and a Turkey Red of Cole Hamels (see below for hot wife).


As Promised


No comments: