Today we have a pack of 89 Topps American Baseball. These are the first that I have come across these cards - They are all the mini variety and are pretty forgettable actually. I did pull a Met (David Cone) so I can't be too upset. Here is the total pack of 5 cards.
We got 1 Hall of Famer and 4 All Stars. I suppose that one cannot really be upset about that.
Each card on the back has a "Talkin' Baseball" box. Lets see if we can learn anything new! (all printed exactly as they appear)
* A Strike is a legal pitch called by umpire due to one of the 7 factors. One factor occurs when pitch is swung at by the batter and is missed completely.
* The "IP" category indicates the number of Innings Pitched by a pitcher. Innings are divided into thirds, crediting pitcher with number of outs achieved.
* A Forfeited Game is a game declared ended by an umpire in favor of offended team as a result of violations of the rules. the score is officially 9-0.
* In order to earn a Save a pitcher must finish game won by team, not earn win and (optional) enter game leading by 3 or less runs and pitch one inning.
* A Called Game is one which, for any or a number of reasons (such as inclement weather or field conditions), an umpire decides to terminate play.
Nothing really to earth shattering there, but I did not know that a forfeited game had an official score of 9-0