Thursday, April 2, 2009

GCRL Week Continues! - Dr. K

As mentioned a few days ago, Jim over @ GCRL sent me a herculean box of Mets for my team collection. I could not decide which ones to feature - so over the course of however long it takes - we will get to see them all, player by player. The first player we will feature is no doubt one of the premier players/names in Mets history - especially my era (80s and on) Dr. K Dwight Gooden.

Of the cards received - I already had the 89 Score, 90 Fleer, 90 Topps, both 87 Topps, and the 89 Topps flashback card. Now I always love getting Mets doubles because they are great for mailing off in hopes of getting signed so now I can send a few more risk free if I don't get them back, I have more!

Now, the best cards were all the odd ball cards I didn't have! The coolest was the 87 Fleer Mini - am I that out of touch that I thought the only minis made then was that Topps league leaders set?

Also new to me

- 1986 Granola Chewy
-1990 Topps All Star
-1992 Topps Stadium Club Member's Choice
- 2002 UD Piece of History
-1989 Baseball Magazine 59' Reprint
-1986 Fleer Limited Edition
-1986 Fleer Baseball's Best



So Jim - thank you very much for the cards - Tomorrow we will look at Gregg Jefferies!

No comments: