Wednesday, December 17, 2008

New Cards for my Attic

Actually, I don't have one, I'm just not that clever. Recently Kris from Cards in the Attic reached out to me when I posted up my 2007 Topps 52 rookies want list - So, in exchange for all of my doubles from 2008 Goudey depicting National League players he sent me 50 cards I need for me set.

My favorite part of Kris's page is the updates on his 52 Rookies set as he tries t get each card auto'd - every time there is a new post I read it a few times because I just love how these cards look scribbled on.

So, as I put these away in their respective pages - I scanned the three cards that I felt were note worthy out of the stack I received. Below you will find Mickey Mantle, Ryan Braun (the good one), and joba "DUI" Chamberlain.


Now I have spoken often about how I hate all of the Mickey Mantle cards Topps has been inserting into their packs. I'm not going to lie - I really like this one - The mick lends himself nicely to the old style - great background - this is a card I wish I had 2 of. Next up we have a couple of hot rookies from last year the NL Rookie of the Year Ryan Braun (Fantasy Keeper Extraordinaire - Thank you Ryan) and Native American stereotype perpetuater Joba "Take the Keys" Chamberlain. C'mon man -- really?
While I jest - Seeing as this is one of the more valuable cards in the set - Thank you Kris. Your help is greatly appreciated.

No comments: