Monday, November 10, 2008

Moneyball Movie

Ok, so while researching one of my favorite baseball books, MoneyBall by Michael Lewis (the story of Billy Beans, A's GM and the 2002 Amateur player draft), it seems that Mr. Brad Pitt is in line to play the part of Billy Beane. Now let's take a look at Billy, then a look at Brad.





Now, these are of course 2 handsome men, both very talented at what they do (and this is the first sentence of this blog that wife will undoubtedly read after wondering why next to scans of all my baseball cards I know have pictures of Brad Pitt on the harddrive), however, I just don't know how I feel about this casting.


While most accounts of what I have read about Billy Beane have made him out to be a very dynamic individual - I just feel that a star like Brad might just take away a bit from this story.

However, when I try to think of who would be better suited to play the part of Mr. Beane - My knowledge of 40 something semi-Hollywood stars falls flat.


Who do you think would be good to play the part of Billy Beane?


To get some ideas I went on over to My Heritage and plugged in Mr. Beane's face to see what celebrities the website say would be a good match.









Now, someone has to have a better suggestion out there than George Bush or Evander Holyfield.

1 comment:

dayf said...

Paul Giamatti. Because Paul Giamatti is good in everything.

Ok, not the M Night Shyamalan movie, but the man is only human you know.